Intermediate Business Services Adviser
Altus Financial is a mid-tier, AFR Top 50 advisory firm with over 30 years’ experience working with SMEs and high net wealth individuals ranging from start-up founders through to established businesses. You will be an integral part of a business with numerous awards for our innovative and integrated accounting and financial planning services.
The purpose of our company is to make a positive difference to our client’s financial outcomes. To do that we deliver a breadth of specialised financial advice tailored to every stage of our client’s financial journey – whether that is as an individual or a business.
We are growing, and we need equally passionate client advisers who want to grow with us.
About the Role
You will have the responsibility to manage and perform work related to the delivery of tax, compliance and advisory services to a variety of clients in many industries, gaining insight into how these businesses are run.
You will work closely with passionate Directors and Senior Managers and use your analytical skills and eye for detail to ensure the individual needs of our diverse clients are met.
- Conduct timely and accurate financial statements.
- Review and record financial statements for accuracy and compliance.
- Prepare tax returns and compare results with tax planning expectations to fine-tune budgeting and goals.
- Advise and manage ongoing compliance to payroll tax obligations.
- Contribute to the preparation of monthly management reports including appropriate commentary and analysis to enable stakeholders to make timely and informed decisions.
- Performing the preparation of BASs and IAS returns.
- Prepare working files and supporting documents for annual external financial audits as requested.
- Manage correspondence with other teams on ad-hoc queries.
- Assist team members with the work related to other Business Streams and ad-hoc requests.
- Providing a collection of relevant data to assist with budgeting forecasting, the operation of the team and production of regular reports.
You want to work in a firm with quality clients and work to challenge yourself, continue to learn and develop while being totally focused on the client experience and outcomes.
As a Client Adviser in our Business Services Advisory team, you will have:
- 1-3 years business services experience in a mid-tier professional services firm.
- A client centric approach to your work with a keen sense of curiosity to understand your clients’ business and needs.
- Proactive in managing and organising your workflow.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and you will be a team player.
- Tertiary qualification in Accounting.
- Completed or started your CA qualification.
What you’ll get in return
- Regular career development check ins designed to help you achieve your career goals.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Access to advanced technology to help you perform to your full potential.
- Celebrations and rewards for your performance, contributions and achievements.
- Modern work environment supporting your social and team collaboration goals
If you are client focused, a team player and you aspire for career progression, apply now.
Email a Cover Letter, Resume, University and CA transcripts to HR@altusfinancial.com.au
No agency enquiries please.
Only candidates with Permanent Residency or Australian Citizenship are eligible to apply.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.